Re: [phoenix-dev] RC2

SI> I just tried the search - should this be working?
Not on phoenix.eclipse.org, but it will work when moved over to www.eclipse.org.

- RC3: Technical articles + symbol links to /articles, should link to
/articles/
SI>What are 'symbol links'?

Sorry, bad wording. I meant: The technical articles "+" symbol links to /articles, should link to /articles/

Community: No
- Getting started incomplete
- sideitem boxes in left column should have links similar to the Getting
Started links on the front page
SI>do you mean the right column?  we could repeat the box on the main page?

Sure...

About Us: Yes
- many links in _projectCommon were using dots.  These prevented the
section highlighting from working.  These were my fault, I told Mike to
use relative paths. I fixed them.  Sorry.
<SI>when should we use absolute or relative paths?

Normally the ..'s are okay (relative), but because the left navigation compares the nav link to the actual URL to highlight the proper tab, ..'s don't work. So use ..'s for links in pages, but use /org/something/ links in _projectCommon.php files.

In the end it doesn't matter all that much, as long as you don't specify the servername (http://www.eclipse.org) -- unless the link points to another server, of course.

Denis

--
Denis Roy