Re: [phoenix-dev] Sandbox

Hi!

On Mo, 11.07.2005, 15:27, Denis Roy sagte:

> Also, we've chosen PHPNuke instead of Xoops. I'll be tossing our
> codebase in the Phoenix CVS repository this week as well so you can have
> a look at it.

Mhm, in 2003 JBoss tried PostNuke for their website. Everything was fine
during development but it turned out that PostNuke wasn't that scalable.

http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2003/06/04/nukes.html

However, that was 2003 and PHPNuke is somewhat different in the code base
and hopefully in the architecture.

JBoss created their own system. They called it Nukes. Now it's name is
JBoss Portal and they release 2.0 last month.

Here is a linke to the current brochure:
http://www.jboss.org/pdf/JBossPortalBrochure-Jun2005.pdf

I'm going to install a test system on my local site to give it a try. I'm
also evaluating some other Java based systems and I'm going to play with
the PHPNuke sandbox.

Today I installed and tried InfoGlue. It's quite good but I have to build
a test site. There is a nice video tutorial available, which gives a good
introduction (http://www.infoglue.org/downloads/IGTutorialPart1.zip). You
will need the codec located on http://www.3ivx.com.

But usually, if you hire 4 consultants you'll get 8 recommendations ;)

Cu, Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht
gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx