Re: [phoenix-dev] Draft project plan is up

My comments inline...

Mike Milinkovich wrote:
A couple of quick comments from a sleep-deprived Mike:

1. Hiring a CMS expert is not a development milestone IMHO.

You're right.  I have removed it.

2. What is meant by "static HTML re-write"? I thought that the deliverable
was to re-implement the "About Us" on Xoops to show that it was possible.
E.g. as a validation that we had picked the correct CM system. Is
refactoring all of this content in static HTML helpful in some way that I
don't understand?

As Susan mentioned, I noted a June 30 deadline for an action item of rewriting the About Us content because some content was missing, some was confusing, etc.

3. I think that the backwards compatibility statement may be a little
aggressive based on what we know now. "Eclipse Phoenix 1.0 will be
compatible with the existing eclipse.org website." Do we know for a fact
that Xoops will allow us to support URL compatibility?

You're right. I have reworded the compatibility to reflect that it's still to early to determine how compatible the CMS content will be with the existing content.

4. I have been wondering about blogs. Does it make sense for us to host
these at our own site when there are perfectly good solutions out there? (I
do agree that a wiki solution is a high priority.)

We could say the same of CVS and project websites... I think Eclipse-hosted blogs could be a good resource for Eclipse committers only - especially if our CMS has this functionality built-in.

5. I think that we should add "Use of a content management system with
content workflow and approval" as a committed item. And it is likely #2 in
the priority order as you have written it.

I have added this.  Thanks.

6. Just curious...Are screenshots the way to go, or should we focus on
screencams of some flavour?

I think there's a need for both, but this sounds like an issue the Marketing person could comment on more than I...

Hope this is helpful feedback.

Very helpful, thanks.

/mike