[phoenix-dev] Some thoughts from Bjorn

Title: Bjorn Freeman
As we had today's conversation, I clarified my thinking on this. I believe that all of our site visitors follow the same basic flow:
  1. Arrive at the site for the first time and ask "what is this?" and "how do I get value from this?"  For users "value" is "download for me". For committers "value" is CVS and working with other team members. Etc.
  2. Once the person has figured out the bits of the site (the whole project) that provide value, they mentally attach themselves to these pages.
  3. From then on, they don't return and search for information again - from then on they just want to be informed (via push) how their relationship with Eclipse changes. For example, if there is a new release.  For example, if there is a release schedule change.  For example, if there is a new explanation of an API.
  4. Rarely do people return to the website to create a new relationship with Eclipse.  When they do, they return to step 1.
--
Bjorn Freeman-Benson
Technical Director, Open Source Process and Infrastructure

Back to the top