Re: [pde-ui-dev] Incubator structure

I would say let's categorize, but not too much.

Too many categories are neither very helpful nor necessary.

"visualization" and "dependency-analysis" are too related in the context of
PDE to be in separate categories.   'Visualization' should be enough.

More importantly, let's start releasing code and not prematurely worry too
much about structure.

The Equinox incubator seems to be producing excellent work despite a cvs
structure that is not so excellent ;)

Wassim.

             Jeff
             McAffer/Ottawa/IB
             M@IBMCA                                                    To
             Sent by:                  irbull@xxxxxxxxxx, "Eclipse PDE UI
             pde-ui-dev-bounce         developers list."
             s@xxxxxxxxxxx             <pde-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc

             12/01/2006 02:25                                      Subject
             PM                        Re: [pde-ui-dev] Incubator
                                       structure

             Please respond to
              "Eclipse PDE UI
             developers list."
             <pde-ui-dev@eclip
                  se.org>

Ian Bull wrote on 12/01/2006 12:26:59 AM:

> good breakdown).  However, inevitably a "plug-in" will  span multiple
> directories.  For example, a "bundle" may compute some interesting
> dependency and optionally display it using the visualization.  Now
> should this "module" go in "visualization" or "dependency-analysis"?  It
> also makes it harder to checkout all the "components" at once.

This is what I meant about me not being smart enough to figure out how to
categorize.  Inevitably categories require more maintenance and more
thought.  Personally I would just go flat as we did in the
Equinox-incubator.  But I'm sure others will be doing more work in htat
part of the repo than me so feel free to disregard :-)

pde-ui-dev mailing list
pde-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx