Re: [pde-dev] plug-in for the simulator debugger

To integrate a debugger into Eclipse, your best bet is to start looking at the platform debug component

http://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/debug/index.php

A good place to start is our articles/documents page. Specifically the EclipseCon 2008 tutorials and the "How to Write and Eclipse Debugger" article.

http://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/debug/documents.php

To ask questions, you are best asking on IRC or the newsgroups.

http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/IRC
http://www.eclipse.org/newsgroups/

Curtis

Inactive hide details for "Ganesh" ---09/29/2008 03:09:36 AM---I have created a plug-in for a 32bit RISC tool chain integration"Ganesh" ---09/29/2008 03:09:36 AM---I have created a plug-in for a 32bit RISC tool chain integration (compiler,

"Ganesh" <ganesh@xxxxxxxxx>

<pde-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

09/29/2008 03:09 AM

[pde-dev] plug-in for the simulator debugger

I have created a plug-in for a 32bit RISC tool chain integration (compiler,
assembler and linker). Compiler takes 'C' Source File as input and output
Assembly file (.asm) as output. Assembler converts the .asm file to a
relocatable object file (.rel). Linker converts the .rel file to an absolute
file (.abs).

Usually we have an simulator debugger to test the .abs file.

Now i want to do an plug-in for the simulator debugger? Please guide me on
how to proceed for the plug-in.