[pde-dev] How to preserve permissions for binaries when deploying on Linux-based platforms?

Hi all,

Can someone please tell me or point me to a resource on how to preserve permissions for binaries when deploying on Linux-based platforms?

I have plug-in fragments for each platform: Mac, Linux and Windows. The fragments contain binaries for the corresponding platform. When those files are unjared on the target platform the executable bit is not set. How can one preserve this? Is there a workarround? (Or should I try to exec "chmod" from the plugin code?)

Thanks!

Gabriel

Back to the top