[pde-dev] packaging an exe with a plugin and running it while debugging

I am working on an eclipse plugin where I need to package an exe with it and run it from my plugin code. I can bundle the exe with the plugin, but I am not sure how to run it when I am debugging the plugin through eclipse. I figured I could just get the path to it in my Activator.start(), using context.getBundle().getLocation(). However, when debugging the plugin, this is not a real path on disk. Is there any way I can launch this exe while debugging the plugin?

Also, to bundle the exe with the plugin I had to select for the pluging jar to be extracted when installed, so the exe was outside of the jar. However, this is not exactly what I want. I really want the plugin to be installed in a folder with a jar file for the compiled source, all the other necessary plugin files, and the exe file. How can I accomplish this.

Thanks for all the help,

Back to the top