[pde-dev] java 5 linux x86/gtk

Greetings,
I have been working on upgrading a plugin for compatibility with Eclipse
3.2, and as part of that work I want to make sure that the plugin will
run with java 5 under linux gtk/x86.  I am building the jars and class
files with java 5, and when I extract the manifest file from the jar it
tells me that it was built with java 5.  However, using java 5 to run
eclipse under linux, the plugin will not run.  It crashes, some stack
overflows occur...it's messy.  The plugin used to not run with java 5
because it was built with java 1.4.x...however I expected this to go
away when building with java 5.  If I do:

ln -sf motif21/libmawt.so  /opt/jdk/jdk-1.5.0/jre/lib/i386/

and then run with java 5, it works fine...its like it still cant find
libmawt.so, even though everything is built with java 5!  Can anyone
tell me what might be going on?  Any help is appreciated...thanks.
- Ryan

Back to the top