RE: Best place for questions [was: RE: [pde-dev] Opening a file in a Editor]

It's a problem. One idea I had was to move the "mailing lists" link on the home page's navigation bar to the various projects' developers info pages. Do you think that would solve it?

There's a paragraph on the mailing list page that describes what they're for (that's the paragraph I copied in my reply) but a lot of people (including myself) just skim over that sort of thing when looking for links. I've talked to Jim des Rivieres (editor) and Susan Iwai (webmaster) about this in person so I don't know what else to do.

> BTW, apart from some questions from misguided posters I haven't seen
> any mails at all on this mailing list. As I know that there
> are developers and they talk to each other :) does this mean that you use other ways?
> Is this mailing list needed at all (as it doesn't seem to be used)?

It varies; this one (pde-dev) doesn't get much traffic. eclipse-dev gets a lot more and is good to subscribe to just to read. Every project and subproject automatically gets a dev mailing list as part of the infrastructure when it's created.

Back to the top