[pde-dev] re-using the eclipse plugin framework

Hello all,

Hope this is the right forum for this kind of questions.

I'm very much impressed by the eclipse plugin framework. Find it very well designed and extensible. I would therefore like to reuse it in another, completely different project. Here are my questions:

1) Is it possible to extract and completely reuse existing code. In other words: Can I just get the code that does the plugin management and use it as an independent module in a different environment?

2) Would it be possible to reuse the Eclipse PDE for building plugins for that other project?

3) If 1) is not feasible - would it make sense to implement a standalone plugin framework that complies with the Eclipse Plug-in framework so that PDE tools can be reused?

Thanks
Emil

Back to the top