Re: Best place for questions [was: RE: [pde-dev] Opening a file in a Editor]

>Technical questions and discussions about using eclipse and eclipse-based tools, and developing plug-in tools should be posted to the newsgroups. Mailing lists at eclipse.org are intended for use by developers actually working on or otherwise contributing to day-to-day development. The development mailing lists are the way design and implementation issues are discussed and decisions voted on by the committers.
>http://www.eclipse.org/mail
>http://www.eclipse.org/newsgroups
>
>You want to try the eclipse.platform newsgroup for this type of question.

I also first subscribed to the mailing list and then was redirected to the
newsgroups. Maybe this fact should be made more prominent on the
homepage.
BTW, apart from some questions from misguided posters I haven't seen
any mails at all on this mailing list. As I know that there are developers
and they talk to each other :) does this mean that you use other ways?
Is this mailing list needed at all (as it doesn't seem to be used)?

Thanks

bye  Fabi

Back to the top