[pde-dev] Action of Override & Update seems to be doubtful

Hi.I was trying out with the cvs conflicts procedure according to cvs tutorial.
   Initially i had file1.1 which is commited to cvs.Another user took latest modified it and again commited resulting in 1.2.But i still have 1.1 which i changed and try to synchronze i will naturally get conflict.
     Now to resolve i assume that user2's chnges r genuine.I select Overiride & update which then prompts for " file overwrite in local workspace" I give yes.
    Now when i c that particular file in my workspace i get the markers (which is indication of conflict )

    Contents of file1.1
contents of file 1.2
          Now if i synchronze i dont get conflicts.But if i open different client say winCVS,it shows file is in conflict bcos of merge.
         Now why is this difference of definition of  conflict between different clients.

Regards,
Steven Sequeira

Back to the top