Re: [paho-dev] MQTT client for IOS apps

Hi Guy,

the Paho C client has been used in iOS and verified that it does work, yes.   It is used in the IBM Mobile Client Pack, which has an Objective C interface above it:

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/blogs/c565c720-fe84-4f63-873f-607d87787327/entry/download?lang=en

libmosquitto is credited on mqtt.org with being used by Facebook: http://mqtt.org/wiki/doku.php/mqtt_on_ios, along with some other options.

There is an Objective-C code contribution in Paho: http://git.eclipse.org/c/paho/org.eclipse.paho.mqtt.objc.git/ from 2lemetry, but it does not contain the Xcode project to build it.

In both IBM and Eclipse we have had legal issues with creating and distributing a complete open source Objective-C solution for an iOS MQTT client library.  The willingness is there, but we have been restricted from doing so.

Ian