[paho-dev] Paho - highly scalable?

Hello all,

just scanning the web page, I noticed it describes three attributes of Paho:

1) for constrained networks
2) devices and embedded platforms
3) highly scalable

where 3) is described as:

Paho focuses on highly scalable implementations that will integrate with a wide range of middleware, programming and messaging models.

I agree with the first two, but is it really true that Paho implementations are or should be highly scalable?  What does this really mean?  Several times I have heard of people wanting to create load tests for their MQTT server, but as far as I am aware none of the Paho libraries is specifically designed for that purpose.  While they may be capable of doing so, their design is not likely to be optimal.  When I am writing a client-side library, the highest priority is usually making it small.

This claim might give rise to expectations which we can't fulfil, unless anyone has a different interpretation?  If so, I think we need to explain.

--
Ian Craggs
Committer on Paho, Mosquitto

Back to the top