[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[p2-dev] p2 metadata generator does not generate artifact entries for packed jars if unpacked jar not present too
- From: Nick Boldt <nickboldt@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2009 14:35:44 -0400
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:user-agent:mime-version:to:subject :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=TM9dUTwudnZoBraZ1aBEwX47Sj23icxFDby3s60CGxM8A3N/t4GMLsKN/I9a3/DS2P 1suzsXLLflv1Hef4W8Q9S0hQuIyUzSjL4jITkSiLHyvUHS8IHLMVbDRBxy1kLj++bMtS 7xbBSwoFPhZ1OseJd9P9ZFCEBnOaFiXa54Dnw=
- User-agent: Thunderbird 184.108.40.206 (X11/20090605)
Does p2 metadata generator work with packed jars (where the unpacked jar
does not exist) ?
I've been trying to take an update site (not zipped), mix in (unzip into
same location) another update site zip's contents (feature jars and
packed plugin jars), then generate combined metadata for the whole
(The idea is to take the output of multiple builds and merge them into a
single update site zip.)
Generation of metadata works for the features (since they're unpacked
jars) but I don't get artifact entries for the plugins.
And because the metadata is incomplete, using p2.director to install
from the resulting update site FAILS because the features reference
plugins (which are present but not digested in the artifacts.xml).
Is this a bug? Should I be using something newer than the metadata
generator (eg., one of the publishers) ?
Nick Boldt :: http://nick.divbyzero.com
Release Engineer :: Eclipse Modeling & Dash Athena