Re: [p2-dev] p2 metadata generator does not generate artifact entries for packed jars if unpacked jar not present too

> Does p2 metadata generator work with packed jars (where the unpacked jar
> does not exist) ?

No. Neither the metadata generator nor the publisher supports the generation of metadata from packed jar. This would require the generation process to unpack the jar and process them.

> I've been trying to take an update site (not zipped), mix in (unzip into
> same location) another update site zip's contents (feature jars and
> packed plugin jars), then generate combined metadata for the whole
> aggregate site.

If the original update site (the one for which you have the pack'ed jars) already contains metadata, reuse the initial repository as a starting point to generate the new metadata (see -append flag).

The mirroring tool would do that: http://help.eclipse.org/galileo/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/guide/p2_mirror.html