Re: [p2-dev] Why Mail RCP cloud P2 demo self update failed?

Part of the idea of the "cloud" example is that from a UI point of view, the updates come from the enabled repositories (the cloud) and the user has no visibility into where it is looking.

But you still need to configure the built application to look in the right place.
You are correct in supposing that you need to modify the p2.inf file to point to your repositories, but this must be done prior to the product build.

Once built, you can check which repos are being consulted by looking in

d:\tmp\p2maildemo\eclipse\p2\org.eclipse.equinox.p2.engine\profileRegistry\p2maildemo.profile\.data\.settings

In here you should see the prefs files for the artifact and metadata repositories.

susan

Inactive hide details for sam zhou <zhou3r@xxxxxxxxx>sam zhou <zhou3r@xxxxxxxxx>

          sam zhou <zhou3r@xxxxxxxxx>
          Sent by: p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

          05/19/2009 12:04 PM
          Please respond to P2 developer discussions