[ormf-dev] Setting up the ORMF server

Hi,

I have decided to send this out via the dev mailling list rather than the Wiki because IP issues still prevent us from distributing the Dom4j/Jaxen bundle outside the team. I felt that putting this on the Wiki might lead to difficult situations of having to explain to interested parties why we cannot provide them with a working version.

Following are the instructions for setting up the ORMF server. I will send out separate instructions for the client and a third for how to run the client and server together.

To make this work there are three things that you will need that are not in SVN. I will send these to team members (committers, contributors, mentors) upon request.

  1. The Eclipse team project set to check out the server.

  2. Two projects that cannot yet go into SVN, derby and dom4j with Jaxen.

  3. A starter database.

Everything that you need to build the ORMF server is checked out of the ORMF SVN repository using the Eclipse team project set and the projects which I will send on request. In the projects that are checked out there is one, org.eclipse.ormf.target_3.4.1, which supplies Equinox, Riena, EclipseLink and various third party bundles that are required.

  1. Using Eclipse 3.4, you should be starting with an empty workspace, i.e. no other projects.

  2. Make sure you have set up the SVN location for ORMF.

  3. Select "import => Team => Team Project Set

  4. Select "Next >" and Browse to where you saved the team set I sent you

  5. Press finish and the the Wizard will import all of the projects. This can take a long time. Probably an hour or so.

  6. Add the projects that I sent you in the ZIP to the workspace.

  7. Open the org.eclipse.ormf.target_3.4.1 project and double click on the ormf.equinox_341.target file to open the Target Definition editor.

  8. In the open the Target Definition editor click on "Set as Target Platform" in the upper right hand corner of the editor.

  9. The project should now build in the workspace.

  10. Unzip the ormfdb.zip in your home directory.

  11. Open the launch configuration for the "ormf server" and make sure that your dom4j and the derby project are selected. What should NOT be selected is the org.eclipse.ormf.setup.database.useme.legacy project.

  12. You should now be able to run there server.

Any question, please ask.

Cheers,
Joel

Back to the top