[ormf-dev] Parent-Child relationship

Hi Barbara, Joel and other modelers,

I have a question that looks simple at first, but is a bit more difficult when looked at it a second time: Actually, I happened across this question when looking at the OSEE core model, but the original proposal for the ORMF model has a similar relationship: What are the semantics of the "parent-child" relationship between requirements in ORMF?
Parent-child can have many different meanings, depending on the context:
- generalization/specialization (child is a special form of parent)
- dependency (parent depends on child or vice versa)
- part-whole relation (child is part of parent)
- level of detail (child provides more detailed information for parent)
- descendant of (closely related, but somehow independent)
- ...
Which one is the one used for ORMF?
Are we using a different one?
Do we avoid getting more specific for a purpose (if so, why do we keep it at all?)?

Any ideas/help/comments warmly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Wolfgang

Back to the top