[ormf-dev] Things that need doing

Hi,

I know that everyone is waiting for sufficient documentation and for the ORMF code to be in a condition that enabled you to begin developing. In the meanwhile I would suggest that there are a number things that each of us can be moving forward on that REALLY does make a difference to the success of the project. Here is a list for your consideration:

  1. The ORMF website needs a lot of TLC (tender loving care;-)

  2. The ORMF wiki needs to be brought into existence and developed.

  3. The Requirements Survey is languishing...  This is a task that all of us should be actively participating on.

  4. There are a number of technologies that we will need in the near future including
        a) BIRT
        b) EclipseLink
        c) OSGi (Joel)
        d) EMF/DSL (B)
        e) EMF persistence
        f) GMF (B)
        g) GUI [SWT/JFace/UIForms] (B)

    I would feel most comfortable it there were two team members who were competent on each of these. Who would like to put their name against which? Doing so implies that you either already have the skills or are will to spend the time picking them up by the time they are required.

  5. I can use assistance with the refactoring of the server for M1. Ideally this would be the same person who put their name against OSGi above.

On top of the above there are also the tasks that are underway:

  1. Testing (Achim, Bobby)
  2. CRM (Yahya)
  3. Dom4J (Jojy)
  4. Server refactor and OSGi (Joel)
  5. Model (B., Wolfgang)
  6. Architecture documentation (Achim, Wolfgang, Joel)

With anticipation,
Joel

Back to the top