[ormf-dev] Sunday conference calls reconsidered

Hi,

I do not think that the calls on Sunday night are working out and I think that we should try a new approach. I suggest that we try working in this fashion:

  • On a weekly basis we all send a status email stating what we have accomplished in the past week, what we intend to accomplish in the next week. Thus everyone on the team has an understanding of the progress being made.

  • On particular topics we use emails, bugzilla, wiki, etc. to discuss and progress that topic.

  • When a particular issue or topic requires show'n'tell we set up an ad hoc conference call with screen sharing. For instance, when B. and Wolfgang are ready with first cut of the model, they may well suggest a presentation for the team via a conference call.

I hope that this will both improve the communications and reduce the stress on everyone trying to fit a timed meeting into their schedules.

This Sunday I am not going to schedule a call. Let's discuss this via email this week and then we will decide whether or not to pick them back up or not.

Joel

Back to the top