Re: [ormf-dev] Things that need doing

Hi all,

I'm currently getting into d)-f) and GEF for company business. I've done my share of GUI programing, so for g) I think I'm quite competent.

I think I've mentioned that I don't like HTML and that stuff, so please spare me from work on the web site. For the architecture documentation a wiki would be great, but I think I can't handle a wiki setup in addition to the other tasks.

Achim

Quoting Joel Rosi-Schwartz <Joel.Rosi-Schwartz@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Hi,
>
> I know that everyone is waiting for sufficient documentation and for
> the ORMF code to be in a condition that enabled you to begin
> developing. In the meanwhile I would suggest that there are a number
> things that each of us can be moving forward on that REALLY does make
>  a difference to the success of the project. Here is a list for your
> consideration:
>
> The ORMF website needs a lot of TLC (tender loving care;-)
>
> The ORMF wiki needs to be brought into existence and developed.
>
> The Requirements Survey is languishing...  This is a task that all of
>  us should be actively participating on.
>
> There are a number of technologies that we will need in the near
> future including
>     a) BIRT
>     b) EclipseLink
>     c) OSGi (Joel)
>     d) EMF/DSL (B)
>     e) EMF persistence
>     f) GMF (B)
>     g) GUI [SWT/JFace/UIForms] (B)
>
> I would feel most comfortable it there were two team members who were
>  competent on each of these. Who would like to put their name against
>  which? Doing so implies that you either already have the skills or
> are  will to spend the time picking them up by the time they are
> required.
>
> I can use assistance with the refactoring of the server for M1.
> Ideally this would be the same person who put their name against OSGi
>  above.
>

> On top of the above there are also the tasks that are underway:
>
> Testing (Achim, Bobby)
> CRM (Yahya)
> Dom4J (Jojy)
> Server refactor and OSGi (Joel)
> Model (B., Wolfgang)
> Architecture documentation (Achim, Wolfgang, Joel)
>

> With anticipation,
> Joel

BREDEX GmbH
Mauernstr. 33
38100 Braunschweig

Tel.: +49-531-24330-0
Fax:  +49-531-24330-99
http: www.bredex.de

Geschäftsführer: Hans-J. Brede, Achim Lörke, Ulrich Obst
Amtsgericht Braunschweig HRB 2450

Back to the top