[ormf-dev] Re: Testopia

Thanks Roy. The first step is for us to evaluate it a bit. If we think it is of value we will then follow your advice.

Cheers,
Joel

On 21 Oct 2008, at 16:22, Eclipse Webmaster (Denis Roy) wrote:

Hi Joel,

I don't think I'm subscribed to ormf-dev, so you may need to echo this to your dev list...

I'm not opposed to installing tooling if it benefits the community at large. Your best bet is to a) open a bug against Community/ Bugzilla requesting the feature and b) sending an email to the eclipse.org-committers mailing list to discuss the request, referring back to the bug. Perhaps other projects are interested in using Testopia too but haven't mentioned it yet.

Let me know if you need more information,

Denis

Joel Rosi-Schwartz wrote:
[Mat - please nix this up front if there is no chance, otherwise we will make an initial evaluation.] Yahya brought up the subject of Testopia last week at the team meeting but I have not had the chance to take a look at it until this evening. I for one misunderstood what is used for. It is not a testing tool, but a test tracking system from Mozilla. From the website <http://www.mozilla.org/projects/testopia/>:
       Testopia
Testopia is a test case management extension for Bugzilla. It is designed to be a generic tool for tracking test cases, allowing for testing organizations to integrate bug reporting with their
       test case run results. Though it is designed with software
       testing in mind, it can be used to track testing on virtually
anything in the engineering process. It looks as if it may be a useful addition to our testing toolkit, but the problem is that it requires patching Bugzilla. Achim/B. if you want to take a very quick look at it and if you come up with a positive verdict, I can ask the EF Web Masters to consider making it available. As that is a long shot, I would not spend a lot of time up front. Joel

Back to the top