[ormf-dev] Testopia

[Mat - please nix this up front if there is no chance, otherwise we will make an initial evaluation.]

Yahya brought up the subject of Testopia last week at the team meeting but I have not had the chance to take a look at it until this evening. I for one misunderstood what is used for. It is not a testing tool, but a test tracking system from Mozilla. From the website:

Testopia

Testopia is a test case management extension for Bugzilla. It is designed to be a generic tool for tracking test cases, allowing for testing organizations to integrate bug reporting with their test case run results. Though it is designed with software testing in mind, it can be used to track testing on virtually anything in the engineering process.

It looks as if it may be a useful addition to our testing toolkit, but the problem is that it requires patching Bugzilla. Achim/B. if you want to take a very quick look at it and if you come up with a positive verdict, I can ask the EF Web Masters to consider making it available. As that is a long shot, I would not spend a lot of time up front.

Joel

Back to the top