Re: [orion-dev] how is Bugzilla used ?

On 24 Apr 2015, at 16:10, John Arthorne wrote:

From: "Max Rydahl Andersen" <manderse@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Orion developer discussions" <orion-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 04/24/2015 09:39 AM
Subject: Re: [orion-dev] how is Bugzilla used ?
Sent by: orion-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

so just to paraphrase - there is no query I as outsider your mailbox(!)
can see which issues that least are planned/assigned/expected to be
worked on towards
next orion release ?

Would it not be nice even for you self to use either ASSIGNED + fix
version or something similar
to state what is expected the next 4-8 weeks ?

Yes, you can query open bugs with 9.0 target milestone:

http://bit.ly/orion9openbugs

That was what I was kinda looking for - you are using "Target Milestone" as the way to "plan" with.

My point was just that this is an "implementation level" view that will show you a bunch of individual pieces, but doesn't tell the overarching story about what are the main focus areas for the release. This high level view is in the plan document rather than bugzilla, which I think overall is easier to read and understand. So you have two choices today: the plan which gives a high level view, and bugzilla which gives a fine-grained, highly detailed view. Do either of those give you the level of detail you
are looking for?

Yes, what was missing was the "link" from this overall plan to the "implementation level" plan
in bugzilla.

Maybe add that to the Plan document (or is it already there and I missed it ? :)

/max
http://about.me/maxandersen

Back to the top