Re: [orion-dev] Editor changes - removing the IFRAME

Hello Silenio and John!

Just a quick note that the problems John has with the updated Orion integration do "ring a bell" for me. This is what I would be most concerned about when removing the iframe: styles from the parent page can now affect Orion quite badly. I had this problem when I did my old PaintWeb project. If I were to redo PaintWeb, I'd put it in iframe now.

For now, there's no way to isolate the styling of Orion from the styling of the page. This makes Orion editor integration harder, in complex web apps.

Obviously, having everything in an iframe brings a different set of problems. These need to be weighed against benefits.

(Luckily this particular problem will not affect Mozilla's integration: we already wrap Orion into its own iframe.)

Best regards,
Mihai