[orion-dev] Mark occurrences in the editor

One thing that I have been missing in the Orion editor is mark
occurrences.  When I select an identifier, I'd like to have all
occurrences highlighted in some way (just like in Eclipse's Java
editor).  So, I started implementing a plugin for this.  As a first
step, mark occurrences will just use a regular expression to find
occurrences (and this makes it possible to work across languages and
content types, but will not have any smarts).

I got far enough such that I have a plugin that spits occurrence
information to the console on all selection changes.  However, I am
stuck now in that I don't see any infrastructure to add styling
information to a region of text.  Is this currently possible?

thanks,
Andrew

Back to the top