Re: [orion-dev] plugin with extension point

Inception? (But should work as I tried a variation on this a few years ago)

So... yes, sounds like you're on the right track.

You'll probably need to use AMD for the pluginregistry and serviceregistry so take a look at bootstrap.js for help starting up correctly.

The plugin provider is not currently using AMD so although you can "require" it and get it loaded as a script you reference it as a global object. instead of giving it a local name.

-Simon

Inactive hide details for John J Barton ---01/26/2012 02:12:22 PM---Hi. I want to create a plugin that has extension points. I John J Barton ---01/26/2012 02:12:22 PM---Hi. I want to create a plugin that has extension points. I think I need to issue something like:

John J Barton <johnjbarton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Orion developer discussions <orion-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

01/26/2012 02:12 PM

[orion-dev] plugin with extension point

Sent by:

orion-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi. I want to create a plugin that has extension points. I think I need to issue something like:

  var service = registry.getService("chrome.event.handler");

Then I imply an API by calling stuff on the service; users of my plugin then will issue

   provider.registerServiceProvider("chrome.event.handler", serviceImpl, serviceProps);

to plugin to my plugin. Hopefully serviceImpl matches the calls I make on 'service'.

Am I on the right track?

How do I get the "registry" object in my plugin?

jjb