Re: [orion-dev] plugin with extension point

On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 11:44 AM, Simon Kaegi <Simon_Kaegi@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Inception? (But should work as I tried a variation on this a few years ago)

? Sorry I don't know, is this a question?

> So... yes, sounds like you're on the right track.
>
> You'll probably need to use AMD for the pluginregistry and serviceregistry so take a look at bootstrap.js for help starting up correctly.

Well bootstrap seems to create and return these things:

                // initialize service registry and EAS services
		var serviceRegistry = new mServiceregistry.ServiceRegistry();
                return {
				serviceRegistry: serviceRegistry,
				preferences: preferences,
				pluginRegistry: pluginRegistry
			};

So should I require bootstrap?  I guess somehow the registry in my
plugin will be synced with the page?

> The plugin provider is not currently using AMD so although you can "require" it and get it loaded as a script you reference it as a global object. instead of giving it a local name.
>
> -Simon

Back to the top