Re: [orion-dev] Merge signal

2011/11/24 Malgorzata Tomczyk <Malgorzata.Janczarska@xxxxxxxxxx>:
>> Yesterday I implemented a 'superLogin' for Orion: my chrome extn
>> watches for the Login page and when it closes it offers to reload any
>> pages opened in the browser from the same server as the login page.
>> Works great and I already want more ;-)
>
> I don't have your extension, but I opened 3 pages:
> * navigator
> * git repositories
> * some git log
> They all couldn't load the content because I wasn't authenticated. They all
> prompt me for login. I opened a Login page from one of them and logged in.
>
> And then *ALL* of the pages loaded their content. No reloading needed!
> This is out of the box for Orion client. All pages get notified that login
> is completed.

I think I stumbled upon the reason I did not think this worked: if the
server is down when you re-open the browser, then you start the server
(localhost), the pages will not reload.

So if you use an online server or leave one running on localhost, the
pages reload. If you restart your machine but not the server, then
they don't. Seems like a minor case however.

jjb

Back to the top