Re: [orion-dev] beginner questions about plugins

2011/5/5 John Arthorne <John_Arthorne@xxxxxxxxxx>:
>> A plugin is just an HTML page hosted somewhere embedded as an iframe,
>> right? So I better make sure that wherever I host it is fine with the
>> bandwidth because every user will request that page when they log in
>> to Orion. There's nothing similar to OSGi metadata, license files and
>> what not. If I have a new version of the plugin I just put up an
>> updated html file.
>
> That's all correct. One option is to run your plug-in directly on
> orionhub.org by launching a Site containing your plug-in. There are some
> instructions here (you can skip the steps about cloning repositories and
> getting dojo in your case).
>
> http://wiki.eclipse.org/Orion/How_Tos/Setup_Orion_Client_Hosted_Site_on_OrionHub
>
> You can also host a plug-in on a site such as GitHub. Here is an example of
> a plug-in hosted on GitHub.
>
> https://github.com/bokowski/bokowski.github.com
>
>> Apart from my version of htmlSyntaxHighlight.js and an HTML page that
>> embeds it what do I need? I guess I need the ../js/plugin.js hosted on
>> my server? Is the idea that I just copy and paste the file from the
>> Orion sources? Do I have to update this with every Orion release? Do I
>> need /openajax/release/all/OpenAjaxManagedHub-all.js as well?
>
> Yes, you will need to copy plugin.js to the server hosting the plug-in. We
> are hoping this won't need updating regularly, but since we are so early in
> defining our API it is possible. You also currently need
> OpenAjaxManagedHub-all.js (we're hoping to eventually get rid of this
> dependency).

Thanks for you answers so far. My plugin doesn't install yet though
because I get a load timeout. All the resources referenced in the HTML
load fine but somebody seems to make an AJAX request to the following
page:

/?oahpv=openajax-2.0.2&oahi=http://domain.com/&oaht=SJECTJ&oahu=http://127.0.0.1:8080/openajax/release/all/tunnel.html&oahpm=

What does this mean? What do I have to implement in addition?

Cheers
Philippe

Back to the top