Re: [orion-dev] Firebug sourceBox compared to Orion Editor

On 4/26/11 12:12 PM, Pedro Simonetti Garcia wrote:
The fastest way to generate several DOM nodes at once is using the innerHTML
property. Is it possible to refactor the line generation code so all lines
are generated as strings and appended to the editor at once using innerHTML?
This would improve the rendering performance even more (I estimate an
improvement between 10% to 15%).

I've seen several people mention, on the PhoneGap mailing list, that WebKit on iOS seems to have issues with innerHTML at times. Basically, just doesn't modify the DOM at all. Not sure if this is a general WebKit on iOS issue, or somehow just a problem with UIWebView used by PhoneGap, but figured I'd mention it. Since I've seen iOS mentioned as a target for Orion.

--
Patrick Mueller - http://muellerware.org

Back to the top