Re: [orion-dev] 'localStorage' is undefined Error in Running Orion on local.

Thanks John,

I Upgraded my browser version and now its working fine.
The thing I was expecting here is some relevant error message. eg:- in this scenario Orion Runtime should throw some error message like "Browser version not supported", insted of 'localStorage' is undefined. So that it would be good to point user in right direction of investigation.

Regards,
Pras

What browser are you using? We only support browsers that support localStorage... see this list for supported browsers:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Orion/Plan#Client_Environments

John

prashant Tiwari <prashant3784@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: orion-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

03/14/2011 03:22 PM

Please respond to
Orion developer discussions <orion-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

orion-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[orion-dev] 'localStorage' is undefined Error in Running Orion on        local.

I have downloaded below Orion Projects from Orion git repository as per mentioned at http://wiki.eclipse.org/Orion/Getting_the_source

org.eclipse.orion.client.core
org.eclipse.orion.client.editor
org.eclipse.orion.client.git
org.eclipse.orion.client.users.ui
org.eclipse.orion.dojo

I imported these projects in to eclipse and I built all these projects successfully without any compilation error.

Then I tried to launch this project as OSGi Framework with below VM arguments in eclipse :-

-Declipse.ignoreApp=true
-Dosgi.noShutdown=true
-Dorg.eclipse.equinox.http.jetty.http.port=8080
-Dorg.eclipse.equinox.http.jetty.autostart=false
-Dorg.eclipse.orion.server.core.allowedPathPrefixes=E:\project\localstorage
-Dorg.eclipse.orion.server.core.userArea=${workspace_loc}/../foo/.userarea
-Dorg.eclipse.orion.server.core.projectsWorldReadable=false

Whenever I try to run this project as OSGi Framework from eclipse it starts successfully.
However when I try to access orion through browser by hitting URL:-
http://localhost:8080/ it gives me _javascript_ error in browser as "'localStorage' is undefined"

Any idea what I am missing here?

Many thanks in advance.
--