Re: [orbit-dev] Different streams for Orbit?

You mean you have not noticed the "M" builds? (In addiition to the I and S builds)  And you do not read this mailing list? And do not follow Orbit bugzilla's? I suspect its even covered on with wiki somewhere.

So ... I think rather than answer your question directly, I will you to look a little harder for the answer. As an Orbit committer, you really are expected to follow this list and understand our policies and procedures ... so if those need to be better documented, perhaps your fresh perspective can help detail where those should be be better documented to be found more easily.

Thanks,

From:        Mickael Istria <mistria@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:        orbit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx,
Date:        09/02/2013 12:56 PM
Subject:        [orbit-dev] Different streams for Orbit?
Sent by:        orbit-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi all,

I've been confused recently by how Orbit is released.
As I integrated Hamcrest 1.3 (library and generator) in Orbit some weeks before Kepler release, it was not integrated in the release site. So I thought it would be available in next Orbit release (namely
http://download.eclipse.org/tools/orbit/downloads/drops/R20130827064939/ ) but is was not the case and those bundles are missing. However, they are available in this repository: http://download.eclipse.org/tools/orbit/downloads/drops/S20130724151342/ .
So I'm wondering: are there actually 2 streams of development for Orbit? a SR and a "next release" ? If yes, what is the reason/added-value? I find it difficult to guess, streams are usually distinguished through versions (or a qualifier label), but here there is nothing like that for Orbit.

--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at