[orbit-dev] Different streams for Orbit?

Hi all,

I've been confused recently by how Orbit is released.
As I integrated Hamcrest 1.3 (library and generator) in Orbit some weeks before Kepler release, it was not integrated in the release site. So I thought it would be available in next Orbit release (namely http://download.eclipse.org/tools/orbit/downloads/drops/R20130827064939/ ) but is was not the case and those bundles are missing. However, they are available in this repository: http://download.eclipse.org/tools/orbit/downloads/drops/S20130724151342/ .
So I'm wondering: are there actually 2 streams of development for Orbit? a SR and a "next release" ? If yes, what is the reason/added-value? I find it difficult to guess, streams are usually distinguished through versions (or a qualifier label), but here there is nothing like that for Orbit.
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat

Back to the top