|Re: [orbit-dev] Naming of Google Guava Bundle|
In the mail thread below org.eclipse.orbit.build.feature.set2 is a typo. It should read org.eclipse.orbit.build.feature.set1
In addition to the fixes below, you should rename the folder in which the sources are from bundle-source to source-bundle, and add plugin.properties file to it for the localization and fix the manifest for the source bundle with Bundle-Localization header.
The adding of com.google.guava to Orbit breaks the build. I found that org.eclipse.orbit.build.feature.set2 was not tagged with the tag used in bundles.map. I fixed this, but the build continues to fail.
I see that in the bundle’s manifest localization is used, but the localization header is missing from the manifest, and the plugin.properties file is missing too. In the manifest you should use something like:
And you should create plugin.properties file in the root of your project, where you define pluginName and providerName. providerName should be Eclipse Orbit. You can check some other project for an example.
Could you please fix these problems?
I'm not sure about the bundle name to use for the Google Guava 10.0.1 bundle. Guava team does not give any osgi information, so I thought it would be best to ask here for comments.
I see two different names that make sense to me.
1. "com.google.guava": This is close to what they use as maven coordinate "com.google.guava:guava".
2. "com.google.common": This is the primary package of the bundle. Package naming does not use guava in it. That way, it would be in the line with Google Guice which lives under the namespace com.google.inject instead of com.google.guice.
I've used 1. before in Code Recommenders but tend towards 2. since it seems to be more in accordance to the common eclipse naming conventions. I'll prepare it this package now. But if this causes any severe issues on your end you should stand up soon :)