  From:       Scott Lewis <slewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

  To:         orbit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx,

  Date:       01/04/2012 09:57 AM

  Subject:    Re: [orbit-dev] execution env for httpclient 3.1.0

On 1/4/2012 7:08 AM, Thomas Watson wrote:
> A bundle that expresses a Bundle-RequiredExcecutionEnvironment: J2SE-1.2
> must be able to run on J2SE-1.4 and higher.  I would like to understand
> what issue you see when the bundle does not also list J2SE-1.4.
>
> Tom

Hi Tom,

What I'm seeing is that in Virgo Nano, the httpclient 3.1.0 bundle fails
to resolve when installed.  If I attempt to start the bundle directly
from console, it complains about the execution environment and fails.
I've sent a note to the virgo list about this.

Scott

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=Orbit&component=bundles

> Normally a bundle can be executed at a higher EE than specified in its
> BREE, so be sure to explain why that's not the case here (I know, not all
> are perfect supersets, but I forget which are which ... or, perhaps it is
> for PDE reasons? ... all good topics to document in the bugzilla).
>
> Thanks,
>

> From:		 		  Scott Lewis<slewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> To:		 		  Orbit Developer
discussion<orbit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>,