[orbit-dev] execution env for httpclient 3.1.0

Hi Orbiters,

ECF consumes/uses httpclient 3.1.0 from Orbit and I've found that the current required execution environment for the httpclient 3.1.0 branch is:

Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment: CDC-1.0/Foundation-1.0,
 J2SE-1.2

We have consumers that would like to use ECF's OSGi remote services...and httpclient 3.1.0...as part of Virgo Nano...but unfortunately, we've found that Virgo Nano only provides J2SE-1.4 and above...so we would like to request that the httpclient 3.1.0 manifest be enhanced to include j2se 1.4...i.e.:

Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment: CDC-1.0/Foundation-1.0,
 J2SE-1.2,
 J2SE-1.4

I'm not sure who the httpclient 3.1.0 maintainer is within the Orbit project (it's also consumed by the platform I believe) but we would like to request this change, if at all possible. Please let me know if a bug is needed/desired for this.

Thanks,

Scott

Back to the top