In an ideal world, we'd ever only _actively_ build things once, and put it in a repo for use, and only rebuild it (that is, reassemble it) if there was a reason to. We don't simply because every now and then we make a change to exactly how the build gets done, or how things are signed, etc., that is likely to effect all of them ... so ... we grind on, rebuilding/assembling each of them more frequently than really necessary.

At least, that's my view.

Hope that helps.

Inactive hide details for Adolfo Sánchez-Barbudo Herrera ---10/28/2011 06:28:51 AM---Hi David, El 24/10/2011 17:31, David M WilAdolfo Sánchez-Barbudo Herrera ---10/28/2011 06:28:51 AM---Hi David, El 24/10/2011 17:31, David M Williams escribió:

From: Adolfo Sánchez-Barbudo Herrera <adolfosbh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: orbit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 10/28/2011 06:28 AM
Subject: Re: [orbit-dev] Some good house keeping and fixups to do for Juno M4
Sent by: orbit-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi David,

El 24/10/2011 17:31, David M Williams escribió:
      I. Clean out old, unneeded bundles from "active build". See our policy on Bundle Retention in active builds if questions. (but, need to be cleaned up and stable by M5, just to avoid potential problems or churn, so now would be a good time to remove things, if you think they can be removed, so we will have time to correct problems by M5).

Reading the wiki entry, specially:

"
If committers are relatively sure that some older bundle versions are no longer being actively used by current Eclipse projects, they can be removed from active builds."

Is there an effective way to know if a bundle is "actively used" ?.

In my case, It should not be hard to be "relatively sure" since the previous bundle has a different namespace: it moved from "net.sourceforge.lpg.lpgjavaruntime" to "lpg.runtime.java". So I may imagine a couple of ways to be sure about the removal.

- Checking that net.sourceforge.lpg.lpgjavaruntime doesn't appear in any of the downloadable EPPs
- Following the CQs for such bundles and check that any project which used that bundle is not currently using it.

Do you (or somebody) recommend any effective (not only a good one, but quick, if possible) way to be "relatively sure" about the removal ?.

Cheers,
Adolfo.

--
Open Canarias, S.L.