[orbit-dev] Some good house keeping and fixups to do for Juno M4

Now that Orbit's contribution to Juno M3 is done (S20111018035124), it would be a good time to consider scheduling some time for yourselves to do some Orbit "house keeping" tasks for Juno that are best to do early in the development cycle.

I. Clean out old, unneeded bundles from "active build". See our policy on Bundle Retention in active builds if questions. (but, need to be cleaned up and stable by M5, just to avoid potential problems or churn, so now would be a good time to remove things, if you think they can be removed, so we will have time to correct problems by M5).

II. Tag bundles with a new qualifier if you'd like to make sure they have an Eclipse-SourceReference directive in the manifest. See bug 338447 for (long) history, but in short, these directives are added automatically during build, but since we don't want two different bundles with same qualifier released, we only include the "changed" bundles, if the qualifier increases. Of course, some already do have the directive since they've been tagged some time in past year, so you'll have to check the bundle in a recent repo, if you want to see for sure if "yours" has one already, or not).

III. Check that NL files are correct. According to latest "repository report" for Juno it appears a few from Orbit might have incorrect keys or NL files:

      com.sun.xml.bind   2.1.9.v200905260854
      Bundle-Name.0
      org.apache.jasper.glassfish   2.2.2.v201108011116
      Bundle-Name.0
I've opened bug 361822 to improve our Orbit build reporting so in future we'll know for sure if/when these bundles actually some from Orbit. But, those two look like they might come from Orbit.

IV. In general, you might want to check the bundle name to make sure its accurate and meaningful and, especially, check that "Provider name" is "Eclipse Orbit" instead of "Eclipse.org".