Re: [orbit-dev] How to request recommended build

I would have sworn I answered this post ... but, looking at the orbit-dev archive list, I do not see any reply to original post. Did you ever get an answer Danail? If not, I'll give one now.

> How to request recommended build

Short answer:

ask here on orbit-dev list.

Longer answer:

A "recommended build" is rare. We normally only do one once per year, for yearly Simultaneous Release. Of course, we iterate, and get closer-and-closer to Recommended Build by producing Milestones ("Stable", S-builds) along the way. And we build up to those, by producing I-builds, roughly every week.

Normally, projects such as WTP's webservices would update every milestone, unless there was an important change to pick up or test out, in which case, they'd pick up one of the I-builds first. In many cases, you might need to ask here to promote such-and-such build and then ask on wtp-releng list for them to pick up such and such orbit build.

So, in case you really did mean R-build, such as to for a project or product release, I'll add that we certainly can produce a "Recommended Build" for service releases, but when we do, we normally only include changes from the previous recommended build that are considered required to fix major problems ... that is, we do not just take a snap shot of the most forward looking development stream, but instead produce a build only slightly different than the previous, with fewest number of changes. Those are our "Orbit M Builds" and we do plan to have one for Indigo SR2.

So ... hope this gets at what you are asking ... and, hope I have not answered twice, and first one just didn't get "remembered" on list archive. (And, if I did answer twice, I hope the two answers are similar :)

Feel free to ask more (or, again) if still not clear.

Thanks,