Re: [orbit-dev] Orbit as a source of OSGi bundles for the world?

> I might be sort of vague in the charter, but Orbit is intended for and
> limited
> to Eclipse ... that is, to fulfill the needs of other Projects in Eclipse.

It's not really vague at all - it's just not present :)

> At any rate, if you, or someone, really wanted to start an OSGi repository
> for jars that
> were not required by specific Eclipse Projects, that would be significant
> enough to
> merit a new project proposal, and put it through the normal process.

Ah, well here you see is the crux and nub of the matter. The
email I sent was  directed more to the Foundation, rather
than the able leadership of the Orbit project. Nothing I mentioned
in my email said that the current operation of the project should
change, rather it said that the Foundation should consider
investing in its promotion and elevation as a purveyor of
bundles that have been through rigorous IP scrutiny.

This is not a challenge to any individual (bar Mike, I suppose)
so - Jeff, David, carry on, and please don't take this as a
criticism of your current efforts, because it is not. You is
doin' good already :) Perhaps I am guilty of posting to the
wrong list, to the wrong crowd, and this is something I should
have brought up elsewhere - but I would prefer not to have
done it in camera.

  --oh

Back to the top