[orbit-dev] SAXParseException occurs when starting the Jetty server behind a firewall

When I start the Jetty server behind a firewall I get the following error (the firewall prevents access to the internet):

osgi> May 10, 2007 2:54:22 AM org.mortbay.http.HttpServer doStart
INFO: Version Jetty/5.1.x
May 10, 2007 2:54:22 AM org.mortbay.util.FileResource <clinit>
INFO: Checking Resource aliases
May 10, 2007 2:54:43 AM org.mortbay.xml.XmlParser$Handler error
WARNING: ERROR@null line:26 col:18 : org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: cvc-elt.1: C
annot find the declaration of element 'web-app'.

It looks like the server isn't using a local cache for the DTDs and schemas and it trying to pull them from the web. Sure enough, the code in org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.XMLConfiguration.webXmlParser() was unable to use the local DTDs and schemas because the org.mortbay.jetty bundle doesn't import the javax.servlet.resources package. Once I added this import to the org.mortbay.jetty bundle everything worked fine... just like when run outside the firewall.

Is this a known problem? Is it possible to add an import for the javax.servlet.resources package to the org.mortbay.jetty bundle?

-- Craig
Craig Laverone | 408-284-4897 | laverone@xxxxxxxxxx | Aperi Development | http://www.eclipse.org/aperi

Back to the top