Re: [orbit-dev] JUnit version 4

No wonder I've been having trouble with JUnit in my development environment :)

I would suggest a bug in orbit to help track it is still a "todo" in Orbit, and  b)
reference the bug that's tracking the problem in the platform for the more curious of us
to read.

Also, a note to cross-project may be appropriate, just in case someone happens to
already be pulling it into their builds for some reason. Sounds like they should not
for any M7 deliverables!? (I don't know anyone who does ... .but ... at this late point, more
communication is best!  :)

Thanks,

DJ Houghton <DJ_Houghton@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: orbit-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/09/2007 05:08 PM

Please respond to
Orbit Developer discussion <orbit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

orbit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[orbit-dev] JUnit version 4

In the Eclipse SDK, JUnit version 4 is shipped as a bundle named org.junit4
rather than org.junit with the bundle version being 4. When we copied JUnit
4 to Orbit we put it in a bundle named org.junit (with version 4) with the
intention of turning org.junit4 into a wrapper bundle which imported and
re-exported the new one.

Unfortuanately there are still problems when trying to run with this
configuration in the SDK and we are unsure whether they will be fixed
before the upcoming release. Because of this we would like to remove
org.junit (version 4.*) from the Orbit builds until we get these issues
sorted out in order not to confuse consumers. Currently if they take JUnit
4 from Orbit they will run into problems so its best if it isn't available
to them from there.

If I don't hear any complaints, then I will remove this bundle later this
week.

Thanks and sorry for the confusion.