Re: [orbit-dev] SAXParseException occurs when starting the Jetty server behind a firewall

Good catch.
That import should definitely be there.
 I'll log a bug and  update the jetty bundle later on today.

-Simon

             Craig Laverone
             <laverone@xxxxxx.
             Sent by:                  orbit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
             orbit-dev-bounces                                          cc
             @eclipse.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       [orbit-dev] SAXParseException
             05/10/2007 06:32          occurs when starting the Jetty
             AM                        server  behind a firewall

             Please respond to
              Orbit Developer
                discussion
             <orbit-dev@eclips
                  e.org>

When I start the Jetty server behind a firewall I get the following error
(the firewall prevents access to the internet):

osgi> May 10, 2007 2:54:22 AM org.mortbay.http.HttpServer doStart
INFO: Version Jetty/5.1.x
May 10, 2007 2:54:22 AM org.mortbay.util.FileResource <clinit>
INFO: Checking Resource aliases
May 10, 2007 2:54:43 AM org.mortbay.xml.XmlParser$Handler error
WARNING: ERROR@null line:26 col:18 : org.xml.sax.SAXParseException:
cvc-elt.1: C
annot find the declaration of element 'web-app'.

It looks like the server isn't using a local cache for the DTDs and schemas
and it trying to pull them from the web. Sure enough, the code in
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.XMLConfiguration.webXmlParser() was unable to use
the local DTDs and schemas because the org.mortbay.jetty bundle doesn't
import the javax.servlet.resources package. Once I added this import to the
org.mortbay.jetty bundle everything worked fine... just like when run
outside the firewall.

Is this a known problem? Is it possible to add an import for the
javax.servlet.resources package to the org.mortbay.jetty bundle?

-- Craig