[nebula-dev] New topic in forum Nebula, called Big data grid memory usage, by Jack Borsin

Title: Eclipse Community Forums
Subject: Big data grid memory usage Author: Jack Borsin Date: Thu, 06 April 2017 06:55
Hi

I'm working on a simple tool, in it I have a grid that displays a huge amount of rows, sometimes reaching 1 million and more, it's working fine with SWT.VIRTUAL, but I'm seeing a major issue, it's using too much memory sometimes reaching 700MB and more.

The grid is creating all the GridItems(Rows) at once, so once I launch the grid, I get 1M row/GridItem objects created, which seems to be the cause behind the memory issue.

Tried later on to use jTable, but performance is quite sluggish as it needs to create the items once they're visible, and on top of that it doesn't provide some options I want that work with Nebula Grid.

Is there any way to optimize this behavior by Nebula Grid using GridVisibleRange or otherwise? Or should I be using a different thing altogether?

Thanks
[ Reply ][ Quote ][ View Topic/Message ][ Unsubscribe from this forum ]

Back to the top