Re: [mylyn-integrators] StoryMarkup

I have a question about offset and length. Is that the place where the user made the last change? Can I ignore those values? If so, how can I replace the existing warnings outside of this range?

Offset and length indicate the region to be validated.  These values do not correspond to where the user made the last change.   Those values should be respected: Generally the validator should only attempt to find problems in the specified region.

The MarkupValidator and MarkupValidationReconcilingStrategy together take care of ensuring that errors and warnings on the document accurately reflect the state of the document as it's being modified.  ValidationRules need only find errors and warnings.

Does "markup" contain the whole source text or is it the current block?

In practice it's the whole source text, however that is not guaranteed by the API.

I'm asking because the repetition finder must see some context. Also, it always returns more than a single problem.

I suggest that you take a look at DocumentLocalReferenceValidationRule which also needs some context before it can perform validation.

Who calls findProblem()? Can I assume that this isn't called when I override findProblems()?

findProblem() is called by the superclass.  Yes, you can.

If you haven't already feel free to install the Mylyn WikiText SDK, which includes sources.  It'll make it a lot easier if you can just browse through the source code.

David

Best Regards,

http://www.pdark.de/                   http://blog.pdark.de/