RE: [mylyn-integrators] Can the context show anything but a file?

That code is a fine example of how to extend the common navigator.  The
weird thing about it is the way it populates the context model.  Instead of
filtering down an existing data structure based on degree-of-interest, it
populates the model with interesting elements.  This means that stuff like
Alt+click no longer makes sense, and in general the result does not feel the
same as all of the other structure bridges and focusing mechanisms that use
it have to have a lot of special rules.

> > The best approach is usually to have some content provider and
> > viewer that shows all of your content for a particular scope (e.g.,
> all the
> > static analysis findings for one run of the analysis tool).
>   That will work on a custom view (like Findbugs views), but it won't
> help to to show those entries in Context tab in the task editor.

If there's common navigator content and a structure bridge the entries
should show automatically in the context tab.  If they don't please file a
bug.

Mik

Back to the top