RE: [mylyn-integrators] Handling synchronization in a connector

Mik Kersten wrote on Wednesday, April 30, 2008 5:00 PM:

> It's been great to see your updates to the Integrator Reference.

What's the point of a wiki if readers don't correct it as they read?  :)
I finally figured out that I'm supposed to leave the pre-populated
section comment in so that the history includes a link to the section
edited.  Just be glad that I didn't freak out and start correcting comma
splices and other little grammar problems.  :-O

BTW, thanks for the reminder about the API Tooling.  Very cool talk at
EclipseCon, and I really need to get our plug-in developers here to
start using it.

> What I think is best for us to do is, before starting to revise the
> document for 3.0, to make a snapshot of it for Mylyn 2.x.
> We will link that.  So for now please do continue making any changes
> specific to 2.3 that you see fit.

OK.  Will do.

> Are you thinking of making your connector support Mylyn 3.0?

Eventually.  I need to have the connector working this month, so we
decided to start with 2.3.  I don't remember when we're actually
deploying this stuff to our developers here.  I'll talk to the schedule
people and show them the current Mylyn 3.0 plan
(http://wiki.eclipse.org/Mylyn_3.0_Plan).  I'd love to upgrade the
release to Eclipse 3.3 and Mylyn 3.0 if that fits with our schedule.  In
that case, I'll be asking questions about the 2.3 -> 3.0 port in early
June.  :)

> We'll try to make the port from 2.3 to 3.0 as easy as possible,

We appreciate that!

--
Tom Bryan <tombry@xxxxxxxxx>
Software Engineering Solutions (SES)